Monday, September 17, 2012

A Wonderful Labor Day

School started. Andrew started working and all of the awesome events that we have been looking forward to are starting to slip by. Where does the time go?? It is just crazy to me how fast time goes one moment but then other times I can't wait for weeks to go by and they go as slow as possible. I guess that is life and we just need to LOVE it. and we do. life is great right now. really really great. (I think I am in a good mood..ha)

Thursday the 30th we went to our very first BYU football game of the season. It was wonderful. I am falling in love with this school.

Wowoooo so Labor day weekend was great. Relaxing but a BALL. Andrew and I were definitely ready for a little break after our first week of school and work (Andrew especially). Saturday we got some much needed sleep and then I went to a bridal shower for this cute girl named Alex. Small world I know. and more on that cuteness later :)

Sunday we went to our new ward for the first time. eeek. it was good. other than the 8am thing we are still trying to deal with. guys, it is hard. I think Heavenly Father is testing every single person in that ward asking us to be there that early. But I like it already. The girls all seem really nice and I feel like Andrew is liking it too. This week we found out that two people from my stake back home are in our ward. yup small world again. it is fun being in a ward with so many kiddos. I like that its not just dead quiet in the meetings :)

Do you see the temple??
Sunday afternoon we went over to the Turnbulls for Sunday dinner. we like this group of people a lot. and they are our only friends right now ;) ha so we hung out with them and had fun. and at 10:00pm we decided we would hike the Y. and the reason being was for Andrew & I's two year anniversary which started at midnight!  Now I had never done it so I was pretty up for it and excited and so was everyone else. It was a beautiful night. But man is that hike hard. maybe cause I am so outta shape! the whole thing us up hill but once you get to the top it is magnificent. I guess I never realized that the whole thing was up hill..I don't know why cause it is in the middle of a mountain..ha










Needless to say it was awesome. I am falling in LOVE with this city.






Well Monday was our anniversary and because we are starving college students we had a pretty relaxed but fun day. In the morning we went over to the Turnbulls because Amanda decided to paint her new car. Its an old little guy but we made it new and awesome! We took some time trying to get the right base color and painted that on, which is a beautiful sky blue I might add, and then we had the real fun!














                                                                                   



We flung tons of different colors of paint ALL OVER it.
AWESOME, right? yes! it was so much fun and I am pretty jealous now of this hot rod she has. oh and did I mention the door handles, rims, side trim, and windshield wipers are GOLD. yes she is now the cooolest kid at school. or at least in my book she is :)


















































After this lovely adventure we met up with Justina, Curtis, and the babies. They were visiting his family that weekend in Layton and it was a perfect time to come see us as well and go to Cabela's. I loved seeing my two little boys. and my sister and brother in law of course.

THIS FACE. AH I caught him at the perfect moment. 
 So we played with them for a while and then went to dinner at Tokyo. yup we went to Tokyo. But really its one of those places they cook in front of you. I had never gone and it was a perfect day to try something new and awesome. Of course I loooved it. and so did everyone else. Taeden especially loved the fire being right in front of him and all the crazy tricks the chef was doing. Then we decided we needed some really good dessert so we headed to The Cheesecake Factory. Oh my I am droooling just thinking about it. YUM yum YUM.
Future hunter like daddy? 













After saying our goodbyes to the babies and adults Andrew and I ended the night at the movies where we saw Nitro Circus. It was actually awesome. and I will admit I loved it. and of course andrew did :)



Obviously it was an awesome weekend. it was hard to go back to school and work but it was a great break. Hope you all had a great Labor Day weekend two weeks ago :)
love,alex&andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment