Sunday, September 8, 2013

Beginning of the End

This week I went to my last first day of school. It was bitter sweet. But I was thinking, 'Let's be honest, this won't be me last day of taking classes, just my last first day of my bachelors degree.'

It was my last first day from all of those first days, from kindergarten until now. This is what it all leads up to, a college education. Yes I could go on to get a masters or whatever else I want but this is what I have dreamed of for years.

I made a promise to myself that I would finish my bachelors degree. And even though some days I would ask myself 'why am I even doing this?' I know that it will be one of the best decisions I have ever made.

I think about being done with school and it scares me. I don't know what to do without school. I do not know what life is without school. School has always been there, so when it ends and something new begins, it is going to be a scary and an exciting transition.

At this point I don't know what I will do after graduation but I am really excited about it and I can't wait to see what it brings.

This is going to be a great but hard semester. I'm taking two family classes and those are what will make this semester difficult. They are going to make me think and grow and become such a better person but the amount of work I need to put into them is going to be challenging. Then I am taking an art history class for my minor in visual arts and that is going to be even more difficult. The memorizing and studying is what gets me scared. The class is interesting and I am excited to learn about it all but I am not excited for the tests!

Then I am auditing a pattern making class. I already took a pattern making class at BYUI but I wanted to learn more and we never learned draping at BYUI whereas here we will work on it for three weeks.

My last class is a tailoring class. At first I was just going to audit that one too but I found a way that I can make it a 3 credit class instead of a 2 credit class so that I can use it to graduate in December and not have to take another class.

It is going to be a great semester full of learning and growing and I am really excited about it. I hope it isn't going to be as crazy as I expect it to be and I can balance all of the reading and studying with the creating and sewing.

wish me luck!
love,alex

No comments:

Post a Comment