My cute little family. haha
At 9 1/2 months he was...
- Loves getting our shoes. Especially the ones with laces and pulling them around the living room.
- Putting anything he can get ahold of in his mouth. Like when he finds my hair brush he loves chewing on the end of it. Or the bumpers we put on the TV stand. He just rips them off and chews on them.
- Loves chasing the vacuum. He can't be sitting on the ground when we are vacuuming or he tries to catch it.
- Also loves to grab the toilet paper. He loves pulling it, and pulling it and pulling it. oh boy.
- Learning to sleep on his own. We tried sleep training during nap time. And no. It was horrible. Screwed up our days. and nights. and now I am just going to go with the flow because it works.
- Doesn't like to be held for too long. At church he sits on our laps for the first hour and then usually needs a nap. But because we are somewhere new Crew wants to explore and see everything. He loves just crawling around a room or down the halls. He gets so excited and loves watching people walk by, especially if its a child.
- Teething. It's horrible. He was teething over Thanksgiving so he was super needy, slobbery, clingy, and so on. You can definitely tell when a tooth is about to push through.
If it ever gets better I will let you know... haha
He did learn to fall asleep at night without nursing. I really thought that was going to help the whole sleep situation, especially the naps but so far it hasn't done much. He naps twice a day. One nap is usually two hours long and the other is around 45 minutes to an hour. Lately I have been just laying down to sleep with him or I sit and hold him and read a book, watching videos on YouTube, or just look around on social media. Some days I enjoy that time a lot and other days I want to get more done. I try to really enjoy that time with my little guy. He is growing way to fast and is just adorable and I know this time is really special!
He has moments where he eats SO good. He will eat a whole container of baby food in one sitting one night and then the next he will only eat a few bites. It is so random! There is no rhyme or reason to anything this kid does.. at least none that we have been able to figure out.
- Loves to roll balls around the apartment and chase after them.
- Always walking around holding onto things. He goes from holding the coffee table to holding his toy to holding the couch to holding the TV stand. He loves standing and walking around things.
Really enjoying eating the bowl
- We enjoyed Crew's first Thanksgiving in St George with the Sorensen's. It was a fun and relaxing time. Like I said above Crew was teething so it was a little rough. On Thanksgiving day he was great and hung out with Andrew and his dad in the morning while I helped make food. Then he took a nice long nap...actually through dinner. It was a nice day just enjoying good food and good family.
- We celebrated Andrew's birthday at home making waffles. Then that week we went to Marilee's house (Andrew's birth mom) and Crew got to meet her kids and husband. He got to climb up stairs for the first time and he loved it. He was obssesed with going up the stairs. The kids loved to get him to follow them up. It was his first time trying to climb the stairs and he was a natural.
Celebrating dads birthday
- Crew met Santa Clause when we went to the Riverwoods for dinner one night. He wasn't a huge fan of that. Getting handed to a stranger probably wasn't the best for him. It was cute before the crying started.
- On December 19 we went to the BYU bowl game. It was such a crazy game! Emotionally exhausting really. HA but it was a lot of fun. Crew did wonderful. He played on our laps the first half of the game and then I put him in the carrier with his head phones on and walked around for a little bit and he fell asleep. He then slept the rest of the game. It was amazing. Especially because we were screaming a few times and jumping up and down.
Overall it was a great month for Crew and for us. I love spending the holidays with my beautiful family. I love having a little baby boy to spend the holidays with. He makes things so wonderful and magical. We are so blessed to have him in our life.
What a wonderful life.