Friday, July 1, 2011

July

Dear July,

I have always loved you oh so dearly.
You meant summer. which then meant warmth. and too much sun (which is the best).
It also meant the worst humidity ever. I could step outside and my skin would soak it all up. no lotion required.
July also means my BIRTHDAY. the greatest day of the year, right?
and right before that day it is the 4th. Oh July 4th I love you.
You mean barbecues. friends and family. playing games. fireworks. and occasionally hiding from the cops...(mom you remember that night? bahahahaha)
Oh and you can not forget the fireworks. I think because it is close to my birthday I have always felt something so magical about them. They are so beautiful and artistic and and and magical..
July you are the greatest. You usually meant trips to Idaho which were awesome because they led to family, parties, lots of great food, and fun but in the end going back to Kansas
July was the relaxing month.
June was full of too much busyness. awesome and fun but busy.
July meant heat. burning your feet stepping on the pavement. playing basketball late at night cause it was too hot to play during the day. going to the pool.all.the.time. sleeping in. ohh sleeping in. laying out on the trampoline at night looking up at the stars realizing how small I am compared to this great big universe. working long days at grasspad. coming home with heat exhaustion smelling like seed. getting pizza and going to theater in the park. staying up late..doing anything and everything.

Now July, we have a little issue these days. All of that has changed. and I do not like this kind of change. NOT ONE LITTLE BIT!
You have become the busiest and most chaotic months of the WHOLE YEAR!
No more sun and fun and relaxation and sleeping.
Now it is all just school, school, school and then some work and NO SLEEPING.
and right now I hate it.
I want summer. I want my beautiful relaxing, go to the pool, die from the heat, sleeping in, SUMMER!
no school, no due dates, no projects that must get done at a specific time, no too busy to read a book.

But no, July you have changed.
July means finals. and projects. lots of them. because when you are an art major they like to give you projects upon projects.
July means "ok if I make it through the next 3 weeks, then and only then, will it be summer."
(If you don't watch it July, August might become the new favorite)
Yes, July 4th you are still here and I thank you oh so much for that. I need you.
and this year it will be simply wonderful.
But then it is time to buckle down. no messing around
Birthday is even filled with school and work from 8am to 7pm. COME ON! grrrrr

So all I ask July is,
Please oh please oh please be nice, gentle and kind to me.
Lets rekindle our friendship.
I know we can make this work together :)
love,alex
p.s-hope you enjoyed my spat. and the two pictures from last july :)

No comments:

Post a Comment