Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sunday Loving Kansas Style

I am sorry I have slacked off in my Sunday Loving. And my picture taking has also been lacking. Which is sad because the weather lately has been B-E-A-U-tiful. But maybe that is why. I have been enjoying the weather instead of doing other things :) which is fine by me.
Well on this edition on sunday loving I would like to talk to you about a subject that is held very high in our household. and that would be Sports. But I would like to be a little more specific. Kansas Basketball


I love it.  I love Kansas Basketball. Now I won't say I am the biggest fan. I do not watch ALL of the games like my husband does with BYU or Clipper Basketball. But I keep track of them. I have loved them ever since..lets say high school. I'm not too sure to tell you the truth.

But I can tell you that in 2008 when they won the Championship game in overtime. I freaked. My family freaked. My dad ran around in the streets. SCREAMING. and then the next day I got out of work (by some miracle) ditched school and headed to Lawrence to see the boys come home. It was AWESOME!
Emily and I at the homecoming.
wow we look young 
 The crowd at the homecoming 

And I think from then on out I really was hooked. Now ever since then they haven't been as good but that is okay because I still love them. And today when they won against #1 Seed North Carolina, I freaked. It was great. I knew there was a chance they would lose but I had HOPE and lots of it. and it WORKED!
ahhhhhh FINAL FOUR HERE WE COME. and yes they might lose against Ohio St. but they made it to the final four and that is good enough for me this year :)

Now I do have one confession. I always wished I had a school of my own that I could cheer for. But I knew I never wanted to go to Kansas. And now that I am going to BYU let me tell you, I am REALLY EXCITED. I have my own team to cheer for. Kansas will always have a small special place in my heart but I have a strong feeling that I will be a real cougar in no time :)


these bears sat at our reception. aren't they the CUTEST?! 

Well here is to March Madness!
Are you watching??
love,alex&andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment