Monday, February 9, 2015

Hello Baby: Week 38

How far along: 38 weeks! 
Gender: BOY!!
Weight gain: 20+ 
Maternity clothes: Is it weird that dresses and skirts are actually much more comfortable these days? I think the most annoying thing is having to wear pants. Shirts haven't been too bad, they are just getting shorter and I really don't like the idea of my belly sticking out. 
Stretch marks: Yup!
Belly button in or out: It's still in between right now.
Sleep: Same old stuff. Still really achy. I will wake up really sweaty.. even with the window open, which is just weird! Lots of tossing and turning and some not being able to fall asleep. 
Best moment this week: Our friends Logan and Alex came up for the weekend. It was fun changing up the routine and doing something different. We had fun eating good food, chatting (Andrew and Logan could talk for forever!) playing games, and showing them some of Rexburg. It kinda just took us away from reality for a couple days. Once they left it all hit us again and was kind of overwhelming. But it was fun to have some good friends up here that we could chat with and do random stuff with! 
Miss anything: Being able to bend over.. or getting on and off the floor easily. Sewing can be difficult when it's not easy to go from the floor to the table to the machine. It can be really exhausting actually. I can't do as much anymore or get as much done and it's weird and hard to face. I don't like not feeling accomplished or like I didn't do anything productive that day. It's one of those things I really need to work on. 
Movement: Lots of movement. Lots more hiccups. which is so weird. I never felt him having hiccups until 36 weeks and now I am feeling it so much more frequently. It is a really cool feeling and I love it... unless I am trying to fall asleep.. which has happened a few times. Also, last night I woke up in the middle of the night and rolled over and he started moving a ton. It was really cool to just feel him moving so much and lay there enjoying it at 3 in the morning. haha I know in a few weeks it will be almost the same except he will be laying on me, not inside of me.. wow! 
Cravings: Marshmallows. I love to put a bunch in a bowel and warm them up so they get big and toasted. It's the best. I did it when I was a teenager and I have been craving it a lot lately. Yummy sugar! I feel like I am always wanting chocolate too. Luckily I still am loving greens too. I just need to create more of a balance between the two. 
Queasy or sick: Uncomfortable, lots of pressure, and peeing a lot. No sickness. 
Looking forward to: Getting really excited to meet baby, obviously. Excited for Valentines day, although we have nothing planned so it might just be another normal day but I like being able to celebrate our love even if it is in just a simple way. 

This is her new favorite spot to be while I sew. I think it's adorable. 
She has to army crawl to even get under there. 

38 week bump! How many more of these will we be able to do??? 

Here is to another week full of projects and video making, a little more organizing, and lots of anticipation. 
love,alex

No comments:

Post a Comment