Monday, February 16, 2015

Hello Baby: Week 39

How far along: 39 weeks! wow that was quick. 
Gender: BOY!!
Weight gain: 25+ 
Maternity clothes: Yes! I wear a lot of t-shirts but I'm realizing that some of them are a little too short which I hate! I really don't like the idea that my belly could or is just popping right out, so I am trying to wear longer shirts. 
Stretch marks: Yup!
Belly button in or out: It's still in between right now. A nice flat mark on my belly.
Sleep: It has been changing a little this past week. My HANDS are waking me up these days.. I never thought that would be something that bugged me during pregnancy but surprise! I guess swelling can cause carpal tunnel syndrome and I have it. Especially at night. I woke up one night rubbing my hand. My hands will also fall asleep while I'm sleeping so I wake up to them tingling. Still waking up with achy legs and having to pee a lot! like every 2 hours... I think it is preparing me for what is to come! Every time my body wants to roll over I wake up and have to brace myself to roll because of achyness and just the belly. 
Best moment this week: We took maternity pictures on Friday. It was fun to get some cute and cheesy pictures of the both of us and the belly. I have loved having the weekly belly shots to look at but it was nice to get some with Andrew. I actually liked more of them with the both of us than just me... mostly cause I feel awkward just having me in the picture. We also went to dinner and a movie this week which is always fun with just the two of us. I was in the bathroom at the movies and actually got sad looking in the mirror and thinking about not being pregnant anymore. Pregnancy hasn't been too bad for me and it is such a special experience I am actually sad it is ending soon. Although I am probably more excited to finally see this little guy and get to hold him. Another really great moment was on Valentines day we made the most amazing meal at home. Steak, shrimp, pasta, Alfredo sauce, and asparagus. I was in HEAVEN. It was a great way to spend Valentines together. 
Miss anything: Walking normally. I try really hard not to waddle or have pregnancy affect the way I walk but it has started hurting. Lots of pressure from the little guy pushing down. So I definitely walk funny when I am at home and try to suck it up when I am out and about. 
Movement: He is out of room to move too much. Now its just lots of pressure and making my belly lopsided. I can see him move a lot more now. I feel like he is covering every inch in there.. pushing, kicking, poking, everything! 
Cravings: Nothing new this week. Still wanting chocolate a lot. I feel like a lot more things sound horrible this week. 
Queasy or sick: Uncomfortable, lots of pressure, and peeing a lot. No sickness. 
Looking forward to: My mom will be here Tuesday, baby shower on Wednesday and then hopefully baby comes soon after! I can't believe we will be meeting him soon. I am freaking out and yet am so excited at the same time! 

Here are a few of our maternity pictures. I will have to share more later. But for now its just a cute little teaser :) 







39 Week Bump! 
Well here's to hopefully, maybe, possibly meeting baby this week :) 
love,alex 

No comments:

Post a Comment