Monday, February 2, 2015

Hello Baby: Week 37

How far along: 37 weeks! We are full term, ahhh. 
Gender: BOY!!
Weight gain: 20+ 
Maternity clothes: Yes. Me and pants just aren't working out anymore. Leggings/ stretchy pants are the beeeeest. Luckily I don't have to go many places, and if I do it isn't for very long so the jeans come off right when I get home. Bras are also a nuisance. haha it's like normal clothes are no longer allowed and I have a feeling I won't want to wear them for a while. 
Stretch marks: Yup!
Belly button in or out: It's in between right now. It's pretty flat. No in, no out.
Sleep: Restless legs, weird dreams, achy achy pelvis/hips, waking up more to pee, tossing and turning a lot, you know the normal...ha. Considering the circumstances I feel like I am doing pretty good. I cleaned out some cabinets for a couple hours one day and was exhausted before I was even done. I had to finish quick and go lay down for a while afterwords. It is crazy how much my body has changed and how some normal activity affects it completely differently than before. 
Best moment this week: We got the baby's room (or atleast the corner that is his) all put together. We put the crib together. That was really fun to get done and it made it so exciting. Obviously I know this is really happening but I still don't feel that it is really really happening. Doing all of these little things are making it more real everyday. So we got the crib up and the other night we got a dresser and put it together for all of his clothes and little things. We then got some pictures hung up around the room. We have a TON of sports memorabilia that we have accumulated over the years so of course we thought it would be perfect to use for baby's room. and it is PERFECT! It turned out so cute. We have some BYU, some Dodgers, some Clippers, and some KU. Next I just need to make my sewing area look organized and presentable... although I'm sure baby isn't going to mind my mess and not many other people will go in that room. So we shall see. I'm trying to use my time before baby comes, wisely. I have to make sure I am getting the most important stuff done first. Cleaning and organizing I feel that I have been doing good.. project making, not so much. I have really been focusing on the getting his quilt done. I got the top done on Friday and plan on quilting it all together soon... like Monday! It needs to get done before baby comes or it will never get done. 
Miss anything: Normal sleep. I'm tossing and turning, peeing, getting hot, and plain old not being able to fall back asleep. But I don't think I will ever get "normal" sleep again! 
Movement: He is all over the place. Low, high, left, right, ribs, hips. Its crazy! I can't believe he is big enough to hit everything! Some times he gets my ribs a little too roughly or he sits too high making me really uncomfortable. 
Cravings: I really wanted Chinese food, a cheeseburger, chocolate, and sweet pork salad this week. We also had broccoli one night and I wanted to eat every last bite of it. I wanted a lot more and I might already have it on my grocery list to buy a few more bags. Something about those greens! 
Queasy or sick: No sickness just getting very uncomfortable most of the time. Still lots of acid reflux.  
Looking forward to: Some days I am really excited and can't wait for baby to come. Other days I am freaking out and can't imagine having a baby. But I am excited for baby to come. I am really excited to be a mom and to see Andrew being a dad. I can't wait to cuddle with him and show him all of the things this world has to offer. 
Baby's little corner. We have all our favorite sports covered! ;)
(He still needs sheets..we will get around to that) 
She never sleeps like this and then one day I caught her doing it and thought it was hilarious! 

She was cuddling with me and then went into this weird
position and just stayed there for a while. weirdo. haha
Week 37 Bump!
Hello February, the month baby is due! Ah so crazy. I feel like it has gone quickly but I definitely am getting to the point where I am ready to be done being pregnant. I think my body is getting more achy and sore by the minute! However, if I'm being honest labor still freaks me out when I think about it. At least most of the time.. I have to calm myself by realizing how many people do this on a regular basis and then there is the wonderful epidural. I'm sure it will go great, my anxiety just likes to keep me on my toes. Along with resting, this week I have some more cleaning, organizing and of course more projects. I am getting that quilt done and then working on all the little projects that will be quick, well hopefully. I love getting these things made for him and knowing they are for my little guy! Can't wait to meet him and cuddle him! 

love,alex

No comments:

Post a Comment