Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Hello Baby: Week 28


How far along: 28 weeks! 
Gender: BOY!!
Weight gain:  I think 10 lbs. 
Maternity clothes: When I go to work I just wear sweats, t-shirts, loose shirts, hoodies, pretty much whatever is most comfortable. This has made it really easy in the maternity clothes department. However on days when I don't work it is starting to get harder to dress, mostly with pants. Shirts I still have a lot of loose ones that are super comfy. 
Stretch marks: Same old stuff. 
Belly button in or out: Innie 
Sleep: It is going good. A lot of waking up and moving from restlessness and aches and pains. If you know Andrew and I you know we can sleep in pretty late.. but now-a-days my legs get so achy I have to get out of bed and move, usually at a more normal hour.
Best moment this week: We went to St George for Thanksgiving with Lisa and Richard, Kate and Jace and their cute little kiddos and my sister, Emily. It was such a great break from work and everyday responsibilities. I love not having to think about what to make for dinner or what I should be doing when all I really want to do is sit on the couch and watch TV. haha. Thanksgiving was a great day full of cooking and chatting and then some Black Friday shopping. Andrew went to Walmart for movies and the girls went to Down East. We also got to go to the temple and do sealings for family members on Thursday. It was wonderful. I had never been inside the St George temple and it was absolutely stunning! So much history and beautiful architecture and details. 
Miss anything: Being able to breath when I bend over.. Haha. At work I am always bending and moving and it puts even more pressure on my lungs which causes breathing to be really difficult. It is a weird feeling and I obviously don't like not being able to breath. 
Movement: So much movement. I love it. It is getting stronger and more frequent by the day. It is the coolest feeling. Most of the time just me and my little guy know its happening which makes it even sweeter. It is our little secret. and then the other half of the time I LOVE showing Andrew and having him feel baby. He is starting to make my belly move so much more. I find myself staring at my belly waiting for it to move like jello. I think I have felt his foot but I'm not sure if I have felt other body parts or what it is. I thought I felt hiccups the other night but it wasn't for very long so it might not have been. The movement is almost always on my left side. 
Cravings: Chocolate. Still Mexican. and probably just sweets in general. 
Queasy or sick: Nothing has really changed. Still acid reflux, achy back and legs but other than that I am doing great. I have been feeling a lot of pelvic pressure, which is just weird and annoying. It almost makes me feel like he is going to fall out of there..haha if only thats how easy it will be. 
Looking forward to: Andrew's birthday is on Saturday so I think that will be a fun day full of surprises and getting to hang out with my man. I am also just looking forward to Christmas and my last day of work!!! I was supposed to have my 28 week appointment today but the doctor had to reschedule.. I'm assuming someone went into labor... so now I will go in on Thursday. I am doing the glucose test. Yippppyy. I am crossing my fingers I don't have gestational diabetes. 

Most of pregnancy I have been really nervous about having a baby. I have wanted to be a mom for so long but now that it is really happening it is pretty scary. Lately I have started to feel the excitement creep up on me. I am so glad. I can't wait to hold this little guy in my arms but then again I can. He can keep cooking for 12 weeks. Pregnancy has been everything and nothing like I expected. I feel that motherhood will be exactly the same way.
Week 27- We put up our Christmas decor!! YAY
Week 28!!
The girls on Thanksgiving :) 
My handsome man!! 
Our cute little family. 
Aren't we just the cutest? I love it.  
Emily and I on Thanksgiving. 
Our beautiful Thanksgiving Day cookies.
 We spelled out things we were thankful for and placed them all over the table.  
Culver's anyone? haha
Driving home. Zoii would try to sneak onto Andrew's lap.
But she would get stuck and end up needing help.
Andrew, Richard, and Emily went on a ride and came back realllllly dusty.
I had to get a picture of that scruff with all that dirt.


We hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Now it is time for the most wonderful time of the year! I love the spirit of Christmas. It is a magical and beautiful time. 

Love you little one. 
love,alex

No comments:

Post a Comment