What a wonderful weekend we had. It was filled with General Conference.
If you don't know Andrew and I are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
General Conference happens twice a year. It is where the entire church gathers to listen to our leaders, The Prophet of the church and his Apostles. We listen on both Saturday and Sunday.
This year we just relaxed at our apartment and watched. On Sunday in between sessions we hung out with friends and made crepes then watched the final session with them. It was simply wonderful.
What a wonderful way to rejuvenate our spirits.
If you missed it or want to hear more of it click here
I thought that for this post I would post some favorite quotes & moments.
I have to say I love seeing our Prophet Thomas S. Monson.
He just looks like the kind of guy that I could run up to and get a huge hug from.
Just look at how cute and friendly he looks.
Some thoughts I captured from this beautiful weekend include...
- Be an example of the believers. Start by keeping the Sabbath day Holy.
- God gave us families to help us become who he wants us to be.
- The Savior knows all of the pain we face.
- I love this work, and it is work!!
- We live to die and we die to live Again.
- Families are like ropes - We aren't as strong when each strand doesn't work together but when we all pull together we create a strong hold. Families are then Happy & Strong.
- Faith may begin with a desire to believe.
- Your Future is as bright as your Faith.
- Often the answer will not come while we are on our knees but instead may come while we are on our feet serving others.
- Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary use words.
- You must make the climb to enjoy the view.
- It is usually through another person that Heavenly Father meets our needs.
- Temples bring Joy - They are more than just stone. They are Faith, Testimonies, Fasting, Prayer, and Trials.
- Each Temple stands as a beacon to the world. it is an expression of our Testimony.
- All things are possible through the Lord and He will keep his promises to you, as long as you are faithful.
- Marriage helps to overcome selfishness.
- God knows what he wants us to be and he loves us enough to teach & guide us. We must then be willing to listen & follow.
- We are never done.
- Place your confidence in the Lord. He will help you through.
- The Church is not a fast food outlet, we can't always have it our way. It will always be His way!
- He gave us life beyond. He taught us how to live. He taught us how to die.
We hope it goes by very quickly so that we can enjoy our spring break in the fun and sun. and sitting by the pool. Yay for going on road trips to warm weather. I am so so so excited.
enjoy, love, serve, & have faith in Him
love, alex & andrew sorensen