Monday, October 27, 2014

Hello Baby - Week 23

How far along: 23 Weeks
Gender: BOY!!
Weight gain: around 7lbs. 
Maternity clothes: Lots of loose shirts since I still feel that I just look chubby and not pregnant so its been hard to dress some days. I'm excited its getting colder so I can wear all my sweaters and wintery clothes. haha
Stretch marks: I think I got a few new ones.. uh oh. 
Belly button in or out: In
Sleep: Sleep is good but some days I wake up with a really big headache. or feeling like I got hit by a truck which really sucks. 
Best moment this week: My mom got into town on Wednesday so we have been hanging out with family a lot. On Saturday we convinced my mom to go to The Straw Maze (where Andrew works) with Emily and I. It was AWESOME. and hilarious. Emily is super easy to scare and my mom was pretty funny to listen to and I am sure I was looking pretty funny. At one point they each pulled me in two different directions! haha I am sure we were pretty comical. But it was so much fun and I am so glad we got to go together. 
Miss anything: I miss going to the gym. in provo. with yoga classes. and zumba classes. and personal TV's...haha. But really I actually miss that. And yes I can go to the gym here in Rexburg but we have been so busy and I come home and my body does not want to move any more, it moves and lifts enough at work. Maybe I can convince myself to start doing yoga at home. I am sure it will help a TON! 
Movement: Lots of movement! I can feel him so much more now and I really feel that it just keeps getting stronger and stronger. I can't imagine what it will be like 10 weeks from now! Today I think I felt him actually kicking my bladder. It was the strangest feeling. It's cool to feel him move but so weird. haha my insides just aren't too sure what is going on. I am pretty sure I also saw my stomach move when he kicked me. I was hanging out at Justina's and we had just put the boys to bed and after much noise and rambunctiousness I sat on the couch and was feeling him move a TON and some HUGE kicks which full on shook my belly. Such a crazy and cool thing to experience! 
Cravings: I am always crazing Mexican food. This week I really want it. I think I might have to convince Andrew to go to Costa Vida with me asap. I am also still loving lots of sweets. 
Queasy or sick: No sickness. My head has been hurting a lot more than before. Almost like a dull achyness and it doesn't go away easily. Acid reflux is getting more and more prominent too. I am sure that will keep getting worse as baby grows. I am just glad there is medicine to help control it. 
Looking forward to: I didn't get a niece this past week but hopefully in the next couple days.. like hopefully tomorrow but we will wait and see. I can't wait to meet her. I wonder if it will make me really want baby boy here, because right now I am more nervous than ready to have him here..obviously I'm excited but ya know its nerve wreaking. 
We also have a doctors appointment this week which is fun just getting to hear baby boys heartbeat and getting an update on how he looks in there. 
23 week belly

We went to a Halloween event for little ones it was a hot day but full of cuteness! 
I thought this was the coolest costume. The headless horseman.
Then we went to the park for a bit. This one is the pregnant ladies swinging ;)
Little boys on the playground. 
The ladies and Mr. Tickles - It was SO much fun. 
I love this guy. (fyi this is my husband) Have you been to the maze or forest? 
On Sunday we got to see cousins we haven't seen in two years and we made all the kids jump/dog pile on Cameron
They are the cutest!
Pile on the couch. 
 It has been a fun week with family and I know it will just get better and better with my family and Andrews family who will be here in a couple days too! Parttty in Rexburg. Andrew is busy busy busy with school and work. Once he gets through this week I think it will really help him to stress less and help me get some more time with him. I need a good date night with my man.

I love you my little squish. Keep moving and grooving in there, mama loves feeling you.

love,alex

2 comments:

  1. Isn't that the neatest thing feeling them move?! I have to admit that after each of my pregnancies I have missed that funny wiggly feeling. :) Also I totally craved Mexican food too while I was pregnant...and sushi! Haha. Sounds like you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so great! I craved Mexican & sweets too when I was pregnant with my son. I was never a chocolate person but he made sure to change that lol! So many exciting things to look forward to, it's just getting fun :)

    ReplyDelete