Thursday, August 1, 2013

I'm Feeling 22..

July was such an amazing month. I have so much to share. I am so sad it is over but it is nice to get back into the normal swing of things. and to be with Andrew more and not apart. that was sad.

We spent the fourth of July in St. George with Andrews family. It was awesome to get away. Especially after being at my internship everyday for the past week and a half. It was time for a get away. We did fireworks with the neighbors and watched the city ones from far away. Andrew also lit off his lot. It is so magical to see fireworks. I absolutely love it.


When we went back to Provo we had two days and then we were off to Kansas!!! YIPPIE! I hadn't been there since two christmases ago! AH crazzzy. We were only there for a few days but it was wonderful. We had to hit up all of the yummy places to eat like, Jose Peppers, this amazing thai place, and Sheridan's frozen custard. I also went to the dentist and the eye doctor, which was awesome. I can't wait to get my new glasses this week. I think they have a good modern but also old school nerdy look. LOVE IT. and they are teal on the inside. I could talk these up for days. Hopefully they look as good as I remember.

Of course we had to spend a day at Schlitterbahn. Love love love that place. They have slowly been building one in Kansas City and every time we go they add something new. This year they had a couple new slides and rapids. SO much fun. We had a blast and can not wait to go back next year! They are building the worlds tallest water slide! AH scccary. But I can't wait to see how it turns out and Andrew can not wait to ride it.

We also spent an evening at Theater in the Park. I loved going to this when I was younger. We got there early and threw the football around and kicked the soccer ball, ate some yummy pizza and waited for the show to begin. We saw Peter in the Pan. It was great. Turned out to be such a fun night with the family.

Celebrating my birthday by jumping on the hotel beds! 
Saturday was my BIRTHDAY! I turned 22. Yipppppie. We spent 8 hours of the day in the car driving to Denver, CO. It wasn't too bad of a drive and once we got there we got to go explore and hang out a little. We spent the day listening to Taylor Swift's 22. It's my theme for the year.. HA! Once in Denver we went miniature golfing and then met up with my sister Kjerstin who I had not seen since I got married almost 3 years ago! wowwwza. It was great to see her and where she lived and works and all that jazz. We had dinner with her and then just went back to the hotel and hung out/ rested/ fell asleep.






On Sunday we drove another 8 hours to Provo. It was a lot of driving that wasn't even close to being over for this trip. Luckily we got there safely and we didn't kill each other along the way!


The next two days I spent finishing my internship, which was pretty bitter sweet. Then we left Andrew, who had to work for the week, and we all headed to Idaho! Like I said, lots of driving that wasn't close to being over.

It was wonderful to be able to spend so much time with my family. Stay tuned for more pictures and stories of our adventures with them!!

love,alex&andrew

p.s - Check out my facebook for more pictures of these adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment